19 May Job Role Choir Accompanist
CHOIR ACCOMPANIST ROLE
Part Time: 2 hours per week, 36 to 42 weeks per year
Salary: £45 for up to a two-hour rehearsal
The People’s Show Choir (TPSC) is looking for choir accompanists in the Midlands for its growing network of choirs. Part of the award-winning charity (based in West Bromwich), The People’s Orchestra, TPSC is a friendly community of singers who all share a passion and enthusiasm for singing songs from the shows.
Each choir has a unique identity, working on pieces chosen by the choir leader, as well as repertoire common to all the choirs. Along with local performances, the choirs also come together throughout the year to perform massed items in concerts, regularly accompanied by the orchestra.
Rehearsals are held weekly, during term time. We can offer a fee of £45 per rehearsal.
Successful accompanists will:
- Be excellent musicians, with good experience of accompanying non-auditioned choirs or a willingness to develop their skills in this area
- Demonstrate good communication skills and work well within a team
- Support the choir’s sense of community and enjoyment of music-making
- Actively support the choir’s development, including growing choir numbers and promoting the choir in the local area
- For an additional fee, accompanists might be required to lead an occasional rehearsal or accompany the massed choirs in concert.
For more information, about becoming a choir accompanist with The People’s Show Choirs please contact Ula Weber at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Mon 27th November 2023