The People's Orchestra is much more than a vehicle for live music performance, it is is truly embedded in the community.
- Provide over 200 hours of professionally led performance training per year
- Host 4 to 8 concerts a year and perform up to events in our local community per year
- Enable up to 200 elderly and disabled local people attend concerts by providing low priced or free tickets at a venue which is easily accessible. Up to 80 wheelchair users attend our concerts regularly
- All musicians have free access to professional support for CV writing, job application, job search and interview techniques, mental health issues and performance anxiety
- An instrument bank provides instruments for those in need, so musicians can continue to play
- By providing valuable work placements in the creative arts and business sector, just by performing shows the orchestra has helped 252 unemployed people back into work. 81% of our volunteers get paid work after volunteering with the charity
- A social return on investment of 1:27