Sing From Your Sofa
A New Choral Experience
SING FROM YOUR SOFA
Sing From Your Sofa is a new online membership platform and resources designed to help you sing iconic pop tunes brought to you by The People’s Show Choirs, The People’s Orchestra and Arts Council England as a creative response to lockdown. Sing From Your Sofa enables our singers to keep singing together and now we’d like to invite singers from across the UK to join us.
Our resources include a wide variety of songs by legendary artists such as Elton John, Madonna and Queen all expertly arranged for community singing. Suitable for all voices, the songs come with high quality backing, demo tracks and lyrics, expertly created to support everyone to sing. No previous singing experience is needed and we won’t ask you to audition.
Online weekly rehearsals - Mondays from 7:30 pm
Access to Sing From Your Sofa is via a subscription from as little as £3 per week
BRING YOUR FRIENDS
Sing From Your Sofa Membership gives you access to all our resources, songs and support materials in one easy-to-navigate place, empowering you to engage and have some fun with your friends, loved ones and other like-minded singers.
BECOME A SING FROM YOUR SOFA MEMBER
Sing From Your Sofa Membership provides access to specially arranged songs, teaching tools, supporting resources to cover all your singing needs, invitations to weekly online rehearsals with our professional Choral Director Ula Weber and the chance to join performances with our virtual choirs and orchestras.
SING FROM YOUR SOFA is for you if:
- You love to sing well known pop tunes and would like to learn more -
- You don’t have any previous singing experience and can’t read music -
- You would like a new experience which could see you building new memories on stage with a live orchestra or even venturing abroad sharing singing experiences with new friends one day -
GO ON! GIVE IT A GO!
Invite your friends along and have some fun safe in the knowledge that all proceeds go towards helping the most vulnerable in our community.
CHARITY PARTNERSHIPS AND PERFORMANCES
Join a community choir for FREE once its safe to do so - Sing From Your Sofa membership allows members free access to The People’s Show Choirs which will be opening back up once the crisis has passed and it is safe to sing together again.
WHAT WILL SING FROM YOUR SOFA DO FOR YOU?
Here from our members what singing means to them.
ESPECIALLY FOR YOU
We have tailored membership packages to support everyone in this time of crisis, with extra low prices for first responders, those in the NHS and the forces as well as for our students and their families. We do have bursary supported places available.
We also offer all looked after children, their siblings and guardians FREE access to Sing From Your Sofa as well as access to The People’s Show Choirs, The People’s Orchestra, The Rusty Players Orchestra and concert tickets. If you would like to take up this offer please ask your school, music teacher or virtual school to get in touch with us for you directly.
There are many benefits to joining… singing is so good for you!
- Singing lowers blood pressure, anxiety and stress -
- Singing helps boosts your immunity, improves blood circulation and oxygen flow and helps fight diseases -
- Connections made within a choir reduces depression and loneliness whilst promoting friendship and social bonding -
- Singing releases hormones associated with a feel-good feeling, making you feel happier -
- Singing keeps your brain active, improves cognitive behaviour leading to higher IQ levels -
- Reports show that singing leads to better mental health and a longer life expectancy -
Become a Sing From Your Sofa Member
Sing Up Membership provides access to specially arranged songs, teaching tools and supporting resources to cover all your singing needs where ever you are, you don’t need a sofa, just a passion for singing.
View Membership Options
Try Sing From Your Sofa
Become a Sing From Your Sofa member and join our global community of singers. If its not for you cancel at any time.