19 May Choir Leaders
CHOIR LEADER ROLE
Part Time: 2 hours per week, 48-52 weeks per year
Salary: Starting at £80 for up to a two-hour rehearsal, depending on experience and size of the choir
The People’s Show Choir (TPSC) is looking for experienced conductors across the UK to join its growing network of choirs. Part of the award-winning charity (based in West Bromwich), The People’s Orchestra, TPSC is a friendly community of singers who all share a passion and enthusiasm for singing songs from the shows.
Each choir has a unique identity, working on pieces chosen by the choir leader, as well as repertoire common to all the choirs. Along with local performances, the choirs also come together throughout the year to perform massed items in concerts, regularly accompanied by the orchestra.
Rehearsals are held weekly, during term time. Rehearsal days and times for new choirs can be negotiated. Fees start at £80 for up to a two-hour rehearsal, depending on experience and the size of the choir.
We are particularly interested in someone to take on our flagship show choir in Halesowen (rehearsals on Mondays evenings) and our new West Bromwich choir (rehearsals on Tuesday evenings), from September 2022.
Successful choir leaders will:
- Have good experience of leading non-auditioned choirs or be willing to develop their skills in this area
- Be confident musicians (keyboard skills are not essential), able to demonstrate and develop good vocal technique whilst putting inexperienced singers at ease
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills and work well within a team
- Support the choir’s sense of community and enjoyment of music-making
- Actively support the choir’s development, including growing choir numbers and promoting the choir in the local area
- Work with the Choral Programme Manager to develop TPSC’s programme of activity
- Attend planning meetings (via Zoom and in person) and massed choir events, as required
For more information, please contact Ula Weber at email@example.com