18 Apr Job Role – Welfare Officer
wELFARE OFFICER ROLE
Part Time: 12 hours per week, 48-52 weeks per year
Salary: £10 – £12 per hour
An opportunity has arisen for self-motivated individual to join our team at The People’s Orchestra
Working alongside our Employment Liaison Officer you will be responsible for providing impartial and pastoral advice to local Black Country residents in relation to their social security claims
This role is ideal for anyone wanting to work evenings and weekends from home
- Work remotely via social media to support clients with advice on their benefit claims
- Work face to face with clients to support them in obtaining social security benefits if needed
- Run monthly group online drop-in sessions for benefits advice for local residents
- Manage your own caseload of clients
- Support clients in appealing sanctions and disallowances on their benefits claims
- Record and monitor outcomes of those accessing your service, and collate and report on these outcomes as the project progresses
- Adhere to organisational policies and procedures relating to boundaries, risk and personal safety.
- Refer all safeguarding issues in line with local policy.
- Always represent the organisation in a professional and appropriate manner.
The successful candidates must be
- Computer literate, with a good working knowledge of current benefits advice and application processes.
- Highly organised, with the ability to prioritise their workload and be able to use their own initiative.
- Flexible and a team player.
- Adaptable, able to deal with more than one task at a time and enjoy working in a busy environment.
- Committed to working as part of a multifunctional team,
- A good communicator and able to research online as needed
- Have a minimum of two years’ experience in working with vulnerable young people and adults
How to apply
To apply for this post, please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 7/05/2022
INTERVIEW DATE: Zoom to be arranged
All roles are subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.